Merry Meet Pagan Blogging Community!
I've decided to do something new this year at The Pagan Blog Directory. I have loved hosting this blog directory for the last several years. I've watched many wonderful blogs come and go throughout this time but I've never done anything to acknowledge them beyond listing them in the directory.
I want to do something radically different and let the readers acknowledge what their favorite blogs are! Now since this is the first time I've ever done anything like this, I don't know if there will be a small or huge response. So in a way, this first ever Pagan Blog Directory Blog Awards is an experiment. I will be counting on those of you in the Pagan community to help spread the word about this competition. This competition helps promote Pagan blogs, which is my main goal of these blog awards!
Every blog nominated will be added to The Pagan Blog Directory listings!
Of course there will be the first place The Pagan Blog Directory Best Blog Award! There will be two runner ups, 2nd place and 3rd place. If I get a large numbers of nominations I will add these blogs to Top Pagan Blogs of 2017 list. I will have banners for all the winners to place on their blogs!
Voting will end March 19 and the winners will be announced on the Spring Equinox, March 20, 2017!
Bloggers, you may write posts, tweets, and use this banner on your blog or social media to get people to vote for you!
Here are the rules for The 1st Ever Pagan Blog Directory Blog Awards:
- Voting begins immediately and will end March 19th. The winners will be announced on March 20th.
- I will use the words vote and nominate interchangeably.
- Since I am hosting, you may not vote for my blog The Domestic Witch.
- Those nominated must be blogs. This means you cannot nominate websites, etsy stores, Facebook pages, and so on. Tumblr blogs may be nominated.
- Blogs must be Pagan themed or by Pagan bloggers. If you are not sure if the blogger wants to be outed as a Pagan please ask permission before nominating them!
- Blogs nominated do not have to write just Pagan content but Pagan themes must be present on the blog somewhere. For example, a blog by an author that writes witchy fiction or an artist that shares fairy paintings.
- When I say "Pagan blog" this includes the entire umbrella of Paganism. Please refer to the different categories on my sidebar for examples of these variations. Blogs are not limited to these categories however.
- Blogs nominated must have their most recent post dated no earlier than February 1st, 2017. While I will list blogs that have not been updated recently in the directory they will not be eligible to win the Best Pagan Blog if they are not updated regularly.
- Blogs nominated may be written by a single blogger or a network of multiple bloggers
- Bloggers may ask people to vote for them using their blog or social media. Feel free to use the Vote For Me banner pictured above.
- Votes and nominations will be done using a trust system. This means I'm trusting you not to vote for yourself over and over. However, if you want to vote for yourself once to get people to see your blog and get listed I will allow it.
- The trust system also means I'm trusting you not to vote a dozen times in a row for a blog. Please limit your votes to once a day.
- Don't have a favorite blog? Feel free to explore the links to blogs already nominated and vote for the one you like best.
- You may vote for a blog using the Linky Tools below, leaving your vote in the comments, emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweeting your vote to me at @domestic_witch. You may like a link on Linky Tools to add extra votes.
- Please spread the word. Use the hashtag #PaganBlogDirectoryBlogAwards on social media.
- If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com
This post is for informational purposes ONLY. Please visit The Pagan Blog Directory to cast your vote for your favorite Pagan blog!